For a brand to reach a huge chunk of potential fan base, it is very important to be very active on social media websites. However, one little mistake can hurt the brand reputation which is really very hard to restore. I want to share with you the following tips that you need to follow from the very beginning of your social media marketing campaign.
While you really need to be active on social media websites, avoid overdoing it. It is important to understand that social media marketing is about these all:
- what you post
- how appealing your post is
- how well you do it
- how many times a day you post
For each network – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus you need to have a strategy. For instance, on Twitter it is a must to use hashtags reasonably.
Do you know how many times you need to post on Twitter or any other social network?
According to Buffer, here’s a breakdown:
- Twitter – 14 times per day, from midnight to 10 p.m. Central Time, never more than once per hour. On weekends, 7 times per day, from 3 a.m. to 9 p.m., roughly every three hours.
- Facebook – 2 times per day, 7 days a week, at 10:08 a.m. and 3:04 p.m.
- LinkedIn – 1 time per day, 8:14 a.m., no weekends
- Google+ – 2 times per day, 9:03 a.m. and 7:04 p.m., no weekends
Will you be able to do it alone? Your social media campaign will require a lot of time and efforts and you may hardly be able to manage all by yourself. So how to cope with it?
The following 5 simple tips will help you manage your social media campaign reasonably.
1. Use management tools. You can use tools for content automation and scheduling on social media networks as well as content curation. Tools like Buffer, Hootsuite, SocialOomph, Sprout Social, Co-Schedule can help you in updating your social media profiles, while you are sleeping. If you do not have enough content to post on a daily basis, you can discover some with Filtr8 and more. While automating can help you in SMM, save your time and add value, you’ll still need a team of enthusiastic people that will build relationship with an audience. The tool cannot favorite, share, retweet, like, it is you and your team who will need to build a relationship.
2. The right team. Do you have an idea of what kind of a team/person you need to manage your social media? You do not need an intern managing your social media campaign, right? Find experienced social media experts who know how to manage all aspects of the work. Choose the relevant company or professionals to get the most out of your social media campaign.
3. Create original content. While you may be sharing things that everybody in your network is interested in, curating content from different sources and tools, you’ll still need to have your original content for establishing authority and creating better image. Copy/pasting the ready content is easy, but creating original content really takes time. Your content speaks a lot about you. So besides automating and curating content, create your own content.
4. Do not use every platform, determine which is for you. You do not really need to use every social media platform for your brand. It’s better to determine whether you really need it or no before you join it. Let’s say you provide SEO services, do you really need Instagram? Well, I personally never used it for business.
5. Track your social media marketing campaign. There can’t be any success without tracking your social media marketing campaign. It is a must to determine strong and weak sides of your campaign in order to know what needs to be improved and what is performing well.
I hope this article was valuable. Looking forward to your feedback.